Dr. Joe F. Alexander
Associate Dean and
Senior Professor of Performance Excellence
Email: Dr. Joe Alexander
Phone: (615) 460-6480
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- D.B.A. - University of Memphis, Marketing (Dissertation:Interorganizational Negotiation in Marketing:An Assessment of a General Buyer/SellerModel Utilizing Competitive and Cooperative Orientations)
- M.B.A. - University of Memphis
- B.B.A. - Harding University, Marketing
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Associate Dean, Belmont University, The Jack C. Massey Graduate School of Business
- Dean, University of Northern Colorado, Kenneth W. Monfort College of Business
- Associate Dean & Professor of Marketing, Univ. of N. Colorado, Monfort College of Business
- Chair, Department of Marketing, Univ. of N. Colorado, Monfort College of Business
- Market Research Analyst, Research America, Inc.
- Sales Associate, CPT, Inc.
- Lambert, R. P., Alexander, J. F., & Schenkel, M. (2015). Belle Meade Plantation: Social Entrepreneurship and Sustainability at the First Non-profit Winery in the U.S. Journal of Business & Entrepreneurship.
- Lambert, R, Schenkel, M., Alexander, J. F., and Cornwall, J. (2011). Evans Glass Company: You Make the Coffee, We’ll Bring the Cup, Journal of Business and Entrepreneurship, 23 (1), 122 - 140..
- Reardon, J., Payan, J., Miller, C., and Alexander, J.F. (2008).Optimal Class Length in Marketing Undergraduate Classes: An Examination of Preference, Instructor Evaluations, and Student Performance, Journal of Marketing Education, 30 (1), 12-20.
- Alexander, J.F., Jares, T.E., and Latham, J. (2007). Performance Excellence in Higher Education: One Business School's Journey, Palmetto Review, 10, 34-45.
- Alexander, J.F. et. al. (2007). Contributor to Transformation to Performance Excellence: Baldrige Education Leaders Speak Out, (Minneapolis, Minn.: American Society for Quality).
SELECTED AWARDS & HONORS
- Ned R. McWherter Leadership Award, Tennessee Center for Performance Excellence (2014)
- Dean's Award, Belmont University Jack C. Massey College of Business (2012)
- Fulbright Scholar Award, Fulbright International Education Administration Program, Japan (2008)
- Award for Academic Excellence Leadership, Division of Academic Affairs, University of Northern Colorado (2006)
- Award for Distinction for Recognition to the State of Colorado, Colorado State Legislature (2005)
- Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Senior Leader, President of the United States (2004)
- Program of Excellence Leader, Colorado Commission on Higher Education (2000)
- Mortar Board Favorite Professor, University of Northern Colorado Honor Students (2000, 2004)
- University Faculty Member of the Year, University of Northern Colorado Pan-Hellenic Council (1997)
- Professor of the Year, University of Northern Colorado Marketing Students (1991, 1992, 1996, 1997)
Dr. Joe Alexander provides leadership for The Jack C. Massey Graduate School of Business M.B.A. and Master of Accountancy programs and teaches graduate courses in marketing management and performance excellence. Alexander joined The Massey School in 2007 after serving six years as dean of the Monfort College of Business at the University of Northern Colorado (UNC). Under his leadership, Monfort became the first business school in U.S. history to receive the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award from the President of the United States (2004). Monfort was also recognized as a Program of Excellence by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education. While at UNC, Joe received the university's top award for leadership in academic excellence and numerous teaching awards by university student groups, including the Pan-Hellenic Council, Mortar Board, Athletics Department and Marketing Department.
Since his coming to Belmont as associate dean in 2007, the Massey Graduate School of Business has built a national reputation for its high-quality graduate business programs, including repeated national rankings in Bloomberg BusinessWeek, U.S. News & World Report, and The Princeton Review. In addition, the Masters of Accountancy program has become the largest private university MACC program in Tennessee.
Alexander earned his doctorate in business administration and M.B.A. from Memphis State University and a B.B.A. in marketing from Harding University (Arkansas). Prior to beginning his career in academia, his professional experiences were in industrial sales and market research and analysis. He has consulted for a variety of business, government, and educational clients, ranging from State Farm Insurance to the Colorado Legislature. Since 2005, he has addressed almost 100 audiences across the United States and abroad on the use of performance excellence techniques for enhancing organizational effectiveness.
Joe's research has been published in numerous academic journals, including the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management, and Journal of Marketing Education. His other intellectual contributions have included presentations to audiences such as the American Marketing Association and Marketing Educators Association. He has written books/chapters published by the American Society for Quality, the Association for Institutional Research, and South-Western Publishing Company.
Alexander currently serves on the panel of judges for the Tennessee Center for Performance Excellence (board chair from 2011-12), the TriStar Centennial Medical Center, and the Middle Tennessee Better Business Bureau, in addition to serving as a member of the board of trustees for Rochester College (Michigan). He also completed a term as board chair of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Foundation (2009-10). Additional service to his community has included work with the United Way, Junior Achievement, Rotary Club, and various church activities, including past service as an elder at Journey Christian Church (Colorado). Dr. Alexander has the opportunity to work with graduate students personally as an advisor to the Massey Graduate Council, and he also serves as the liaison between The Massey School and its Alumni Association. His philosophy of service is …to serve where needed and to do so in a manner that is above and beyond stakeholder expectations.
Joe and his wife, Tamera, have been married for 30 years. With both of their children now in their 20s, the couple lives in Brentwood.