Dr. Richard Churchman
Professor of Management
Email: Dr. Richard Churchman
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- D.B.A. - Mississippi State University, Strategic Management
- M.B.A. - Tennessee State University, Management
- B.S. - Tennessee Technological University, Business Management
- Associate Professor of Management, Belmont University
- Assistant Professor of Management, Bellarmine University
- Reimbursement Director, University of South Florida Physician Group
- Reimbursement Manager, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Staff Accountant, National Health Corporation
- Transpiration and Logistics Officer, U. S. Army
- York, G. S., Churchman, R. L., Woodard, B., Wainright, C., & Rau Foster, M. (2012). Free-Text Comments: Understanding the Value in Family Member Descriptions of Hospice Caregiver Relationships. American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, 29 (2), 98-105.
- Churchman, R. L., York, G., Woodard, B., Wainright, C., & Rau-Foster, M. (2013). Revisiting Perceptions of Quality of Hospice Care; Managing for the Ultimate Referral. American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- Schenkel, M., Cochran, H., Carter-Thomas, J., Churchman, R., & Linton, P. (2012). Vested Interests: How American and Chinese Venture Capitalists View Essential Management Skills. International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal.
SELECTED AWARDS & HONORS
- Most Inspirational Professor Awarded by May 2005 MBA Class, Massey College of Business (2005)
- Chaney Distinguished Professor Award Presented at May 2004 graduation, Belmont University (2004)
- Most Inspirational Professor Awarded by August 2003 MBA Class, Massey College of Business (2003)
- Most Inspirational Professor Awarded by December 2000 MBA Class, Massey College of Business (2000)
Dr. Richard L. Churchman, Associate Professor of Management, teaches courses in the Jack C. Massey College of Business.
He earned a B.S. in Business Management from Tennessee Technological University, an M.B.A. in Management from Tennessee State University, and a D.B.A in Strategic Management from Mississippi State University.
His research has been presented at professional conferences and published in academic journals including: Insights for a Changing World, Health Care Management Review, Strategic Organization, and International Research in the Business Disciplines.
Dr. Churchman was awarded Most Inspirational Professor Award by the 2005, 2003, and 2000 MBA Classes, and was awarded the Chaney Distinguished Professor Award in 2004.