Dr. John W. Coker
Associate Professor of Accounting
Email: Dr. John Coker
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Ph.D. - University of Mississippi, Accountancy
- M.B.A. - Middle Tennessee State University, Management
- B.S.B.A. - Tennessee Technological University, Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Associate Professor of Accounting, Belmont University
- Assistant Professor of Accounting and Law at TN State University
- Instructor of Accounting at University of AL-Huntsville
- Business Analyst, Tenco Developments, Inc.
- Controller, Cambridge Manufacturing, Inc.
- Dillard-Eggers, J., Wooten, T., Childs, B., & Coker, J. W. (2008). Evidence on the Effectiveness of On-Line Homework. College Teaching Methods & Styles Journal, 4 (5).
- Coker, J. & Wooten, T. (2006). Tennessee Accounting Grads: What You Get For The Money. Tennessee CPA, 51 (4), 6-9.
John W. Coker, Associate Professor of Accounting, teaches accounting courses in Belmont University's Jack C. Massey College of Business. He earned a B.S.B.A. in Accounting from Tennessee Technological University, an M.B.A. from Middle Tennessee State University, and a Ph.D. in Accounting from the University of Mississippi.
Dr. Coker received Belmont’s first Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) Academic Inspiration Award for the 2000-01 academic year. The award is given annually to the faculty member considered most inspirational by Belmont student-athletes during the academic year. The SAAC is composed of one member from each varsity sport at Belmont and represents more than 250 student-athletes at the University.
His research has been presented at professional conferences and published in academic journals including: Journal of Small Business Management, Nonprofit Management & Leadership, Tennessee CPA, and College Teaching Methods & Styles.
Dr. Coker is a Certified Public Accountant, and is a member of AICPA, AAA, TSCPA, and TSAE.