Dr. Robert Lambert
Dr. Robert Lambert
Professor of Marketing
Email: Dr. Robert Lambert
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- D.B.A. - University of Memphis, Marketing
- M.S. - Northwestern State University of Louisiana, Business/Distributive Education
- B.S.B.A. - Northwestern State University of Louisiana, Marketing
- Professor of Marketing, Belmont University
- Faculty Development Internship, Skanska, International
- Associate Dean, Undergraduate School of Business Administration, Belmont University
- Director of Training for Captain D's Division, Shoney's Inc.
- Sales/Service, Halliburton, Inc.
- Lambert, R. P., Caudill, D. W. , Faulk, G., & Paul, H. (2008). Determining Attributes of Successful Acts of the Nashville Music Industry: Implications for Marketing Strategy. Business Journal for Entrepreneurs.
- Lambert, R. P., Faulk, G., & Rolston, C. (2005). The Effects of Changing Technology and Government Policy on The Commercialization of Music. Journal of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing.
- Lambert, R. P., Faulk, G., & Cusic, D. (2005). Technology and Music Piracy: Has the Recording Industry Lost Sales? Studies in Popular Culture, 28 (1),15-24.
SELECTED HONORS & AWARDS
- 2007: Received the College of Business Administration Outstanding Service Award, College of Business Administration.
- 2007: Nominated for Chaney Distinguished Teaching Award, Belmont University.
- 2006: Nominated for Chaney Distinguished Teaching Award, Belmont University.
- 2005: College of Business Outstanding Research Award, College of Business Administration.
- 2005: Nominated for Chaney Distinguished Professor , Belmont University.
- 2004: College of Business Outstanding Research Award, College of Business Administration.
- 2004: Nominated for Chaney Distinguished Professor, Belmont University.
- 2003: Anthony L. Newberry Leadership Recognition Award, Ashland College.
- 1992: The Peabody Round Table Award for Teaching Excellence, Vanderbilt University.
- 1991: Given in recognition of outstanding contributions to undergraduate education, The Sears-Roebuck Foundation Teaching Excellence and Campus Leadership Award.
- 1991: Chaney Distinguished Professor Award, Belmont University.
Dr. Robert Lambert is Professor of Marketing, teaching in both the undergraduate and graduate schools of business. Dr. Lambert received his doctorate in marketing from the University of Memphis. His coursework emphasized services marketing, marketing research, sociology, and logistics. His undergraduate and master's degrees in marketing were earned at Northwestern State University of Louisiana.
His business experience includes work for Shoney's, Inc. and Haliburton, Inc. Dr. Lambert has also been a marketing consultant to various Nashville businesses. Evans Glass Company, Western Plastics, Nashville Gas Company, Comdata, and PIC, Inc. are among his list of clients. He worked a faculty development internship in the marketing department of Skanska, International during the summer of 2003.
Since coming to Belmont University, he has taught consumer behavior, marketing research, services marketing, and strategic marketing management in addition to principles of marketing and principles of marketing management. Dr. Lambert also periodically leads study abroad trips on both the undergraduate and graduate levels. He served as Associate Dean of the Undergraduate School of Business from 1996 to 2001.
Dr. Lambert's research has published in academic journals including the Journal of Accounting and Finance Research and Journal of Nonprofit and Public Sector Marketing. His research has also been presented at regional and national professional conferences. His classroom and marketing expertise were both utilized during his service as a reviewer for a marketing textbook published by Prentice Hall.
Professor Lambert has also been a leader in academics, receiving the Chaney Distinguished Professor Award, the highest award presented annually to faculty member at Belmont University. The Sears - Roebuck Foundation Teaching Excellence and Campus Leadership Award, given in recognition of outstanding contributions to undergraduate education, student learning, and campus life, and the Peabody Round Table Award, presented for outstanding teaching/scholarship in the classroom, have also been awarded to him. Dr. Lambert has also received College of Business Administration awards for Outstanding Service and Outstanding Research.