Attorney Mary Rau-Foster
Dr. Mary Rau-Foster
Assistant Professor of Management
Email: Atty. Mary Rau-Foster
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- J.D. - Atlanta Law School, Law
- M.B.A. - University of St. Francis, Business Administration
- B.S. - Georgia State University, Allied Health/Nursing
- Diploma Grady Memorial Hospital School of Nursing
- President & CEO, Foster Seminars and Communications
- Corporate Counsel & Director of Risk Management, Dialysis Clinics, Inc. and DCI Donor Services
- President, Health Care Concerns
- State Director, U.S. Security Insurance Co. (Hospital Professional Liability Insurance)
- Attorney at Law and Consultant to the Medical and Legal Profession
- Claims Representative, St. Paul Insurance Company
- Rau-Foster, M. (2004). Motivating Moments. FSC Publishing.
- Rau-Foster, M. (2000). A Supervisor's Resource Manual. FSC Publishing.
- Rau-Foster, M. (1999). Dealing with Challenging Dialysis Patient Situations. FSC Publishing.
- Rau-Foster, M. (1986). Health Care Concerns.
Dr. Rau-Foster graduated from Grady Memorial School of Nursing (Registered Nurse), earned a B.S. in Allied Health at Georgia State University, an M.B.A. at the University of St. Francis and her J.D. at Atlanta Law School. She is also a certified Workplace Mediation Trainer and has earned certification in Alternative Dispute Resolution, a process sometimes used in the legal system to settle differences rather than go to trial. Rau-Foster also holds an Associate in Risk Management (ARM) from the Insurance Institute of America.
Before entering the teaching field, she worked as a claims representative for a medical malpractice insurance company, helping to prepare legal defense for malpractice and liability claims, served as an attorney and consulted with a public defender's office on forensic medicine cases, and was corporate counsel and director of risk management for Dialysis Clinics, Inc. She has also been an international speaker on business, ethics, management an conflict resolution topics.
Professor Rau-Foster taught courses in Business Law, Business Ethics, Ethical and Legal Issues in Health Care and Management Communications for St. Francis University and Belmont University's College of Business Administration on a part-time basis before joining the full-time faculty at Belmont University in 2009.
Her writing has been published in medical and business publications including: The American Journal of Nursing, Contemporary Dialysis and Nephrology, The Journal of Nephrology Nursing and Williamson Business Magazine. She is the author of a book entitled Motivating Moments and writes a weekly motivation Internet column.