Dr. Lee Warren
Professor of Accounting
Email: Dr. Lee Warren
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Ph.D. - University of Georgia, Accounting
- M.B.A. - Vanderbilt University, Finance
- B.A. - Randolph-Macon Woman's College, Economics
Certified Public Accountant
- Associate Professor of Accounting, Belmont University
- Consultant for various organizations Including Sarah Cannon Research Institute, EA Sports, HCA, Verari Systems, Ingram Book Group, and United Methodist Communications
- Controller, BMR Financial Group
- Controller, Kuss Corporation
- Financial Analyst, Planning and Control Analyst, Corporate Controller, International Operational Aud, Fleetguard, Inc.
- Warren, D. L. & Young, M. (2011). Developing and Assessing Critical Thinking Exercises for an Introductory Accounting Course. Issues in Accounting Education, 26 (4), 859-881.
- Warren, D. L. & Young, M. (2011). Integrated Accounting Principles: A Best Practices Course for Introductory Accounting. Issues in Accounting Education, 27 (1), 247-266.
SELECTED AWARDS & HONORS
- Bea Sanders AICPA Award for the Most Innovative Accounting Course in the Introductory Sequence - Honorable Mention, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (2008)
- College of Business Teaching Award (2007 - 2008), Jack C. Massey College of Business - Belmont University (2008)
- Bea Sanders AICPA Award for the Most Innovative Accounting Course in the Introductory Sequence - Honorable Mention, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (2007)
Dr. Lee Warren, Associate Professor of Accounting, teaches undergraduate and graduate accounting courses in the Jack C. Massey College of Business at Belmont University. After receiving her B.A. from Randolph-Macon Woman's College and her M.B.A from Vanderbilt's Owen Graduate School of Management, Dr. Warren held several domestic and international positions at Cummins Engine Company. She then entered the financial services industry, serving as CFO and consultant for BMR Financial Group in Atlanta, Georgia.
She earned her Ph.D. at the University of Georgia and taught at Boston College before coming to Belmont University in 1998. She served as Associate Dean of the Jack C. Massey College of Business from 2002 through 2004 and has chaired various university and college committees during her years at Belmont University. She is active in AACSB International and the American Accounting Association.
Dr. Warren received the Bea Sanders AICPA Award from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants for the Most Innovative Accounting Course in the Introductory Sequence - Honorable Mention in 2007.