Dr. Grady S. (Stan) York
Dr. Grady S. (Stan) York
Associate Professor of Management
Email: Dr. Stan York
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Ed.D. - University of Tennessee, Administration
- M.S. - Auburn University, Organizational Psychology
- B.A. - Tennessee Temple University, Psychology
- Associate Dean, Belmont University, College of Business Administration
- Associate Professor of Management, Belmont University
- Principal Consultant, Organizational Resource Group
- Chief Operating Officer, FamiliesFirst, Inc.
- Chief Financial Officer, FamiliesFirst, Inc.
- Chief Financial Officer, Tri-City Mental Health Center
- Financial Controller, James Hardie Building Products, Inc.
- Financial Manager, Pilgrim Place Health Services Center
- Fiscal Officer, University of Tennessee
- York, G. S., Schenkel, M. T., & Smith, K. M. (in press, 2014). Mission, Ministry, and Margin: The Case Store Ministries and the YMCA. Journal of Business & Entrepreneurship.
- York, G. S., Schenkel, M., & Wainright, C. (2013). Hospice Practices, Perceived Satisfaction, and Entrepreneurial Opportunities: Strategic Insights across Geographic Settings. Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship, 18 (1), 51-75.
- Churchman, R., York, G. S., Woodard, B., Wainright, C. F., & Rau-Foster, M. (2013). Revisiting Perceptions of Quality of Hospice Care Managing for the Ultimate Referral. American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- Wainright, C., York, G. S., & Woodard, B. (2012). A Transformative Framework for Improving Healthcare Management Education.Journal of Health Administration Education, 29 (1), 39-70.
- York, G. S., Churchman, R., Woodard, B., Wainright, C., & Rau-Foster, M. (2012). Free-Text Comments: Understanding the Value in Family Member Descritpions of Hospice Caregiver Relationships. American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, 29 (2), 98-105.
- York, G. S., Wainright, C., Churchman, R., Woodard, B., & Rau-Foster, M. (2011). Free-Text Comments: Understanding the Value in Family Member Descriptions of Hospice Caregiver Relationships.American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine [Online - this entry will be deleted, please select the other AJHPM title].
- York, G. S., Jones, J., & Churchman, R. (2009). Understanding the Association between Employee Satisfaction and Family Perceptions of the Quality of Care in Hospice Service Delivery.Journal of Pain and Symptom Management, 38 (5), 708-716.
- Wainright, C. F. & York, G. S. (2013, June). Strategic Succession Planning As A Forgotten Healthcare Imperative: Moving Beyond The Present To The Future! Annual Association of University Programs in Health Administration, Monterey, California.
- Wainright, C., York, G. S., & Schenkel, M. T. (2012). Hospice Practices in Quality and Innovation: Examining Patient Family Experiences. International Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Health, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Schenkel, M. T., York, G. S., & Smith, K. M. (2012). Mission, Ministry & Margin: The Case of Restore Ministries and the YMCA. USASBE, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Wainright, C., York, G. S., & Woodard, B. (2011, June). Bridging the GAP Between Healthcare Management Education & Perceptions of Career Satisfaction. Association of University Programs in Health Administration, Charleston, South Carolina.
- Wainright, C., York, G. S., Woodard, B., & Churchman, R. (2010, June). A Survey Analysis of Healthcare Management Competencies, Skills, and Satisfaction of Junior Healthcare Management Executives. Association of University Programs in Health Administration, Portland, Oregon.
- Wainright, C., York, S., Woodard, B., & Churchman, R. (2010, March). Healthcare Management Education & Social Information Processing (SIP) Theory: A Framework for Understanding the Relationship Among the Perceptions of Junior Healthcare Executives Regarding Competencies, Job Satisfaction and Career Success. ACHE Association for Continuing Higher Education, Chicago, Illinois.
SELECTED HONORS & AWARDS
- Beta Gamma Sigma (2013)
- Senate Certificate of Recognition, Healthcare Finance, State of California (2000)
- Who's Who International, Who's Who (1994)
- Who's Who In Industry And Finance, Who's Who (1987)
- Phi Psi Sigma Honor Society, Tennessee Temple University, Chattanooga, Tennessee (1982)
- National Alumni Graduate Fellow, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee (1983)
Dr. York, Assistant Professor of Management and Associate Dean of the Undergraduate School of Business, obtained a B.A. in Psychology from Tennessee Temple University in Chattanooga, Tennessee. His M.S. in Organizational Psychology was earned at Auburn University (Montgomery, AL) and his Ed.D. from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
Dr. York's business expertise was developed while working as the financial controller for James Hardie Building Products, CFO for Tri-City Mental Health Center and FamiliesFirst, Inc., Vice President of Administrative Operations and interim COO of Families First, Inc. and, most recently, as principal consultant to Organizational Resource Group. Dr. York has successfully written a number of funded grant and contract proposals totalling more than 20 million dollars for various programs as well as secured the funding of healthcare facilities bonds. He is a licensed Psychological Examiner.
While a graduate assistant, instructor, or adjunct instructor at the University of Tennessee, Tennessee Temple University, Auburn University, and Belmont University, he has taught undergraduate courses in statistics, organizational behavior, research methods and psychology. He has been a guest lecturer at University of California, Los Angeles and the University of San Francisco. His academic experience also includes service on doctoral review committees for the California School of Professional Psychology and as the fiscal officer for the University of Tennessee College of Education, Bureau of Educational Research and Service.
Dr. York's research interests include: Operations Management-process analysis, design, improvement, Strategic Management-strategy development, succession planning, and health care. His work has been presented to the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and American Academy of Medical Administrators and published in the Journal of Pain and Symptom Management and Journal of the Southeastern Association of Educational Opportunity Program Personnel. He is a member of the American Academy of Medical Administrators, American College of Healthcare Executives, Healthcare Executive Forum of Middle Tennessee, The Academy of Management, and Production and Operations Management Society.
He has served as a member of the Board of Trustees for the California Association of Homes for the Aging Insurance Trust and Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville. He also serves as a mentor for the Belmont University chapter of Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) and as an outside consultant for several non-profit organizations in Middle Tennessee.
Dr. York is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma and Phi Psi Sigma Honor Society, was included in Who’s Who in Industry and Finance and Who’s Who International, and recognized by the State of California for his work in healthcare facilities finance with the Senate Certificate of Recognition in Healthcare Finance.