The first roundabout for Belmont’s campus opened in April at the intersection of 15th and Acklen avenues. The second roundabout in front of the Baskin Garage exit became functional in June.
Roundabout Safety Tips
- Slow down as you approach the roundabout.
- Yield to pedestrians and bicyclists crossing the roadway.
- When entering a roundabout, yield to vehicles already in the roundabout. Do not cross into the roundabout until all traffic from the left has cleared.
- Enter the roundabout to your right, and drive in a counter-clockwise direction
- Use your turn signal when you reach your exit from the roundabout
- Do not stop, pass or change lanes within a roundabout.
- If an emergency vehicle approaches, exit the roundabout immediately and then pull over.
Dining & Academic Center
The former tennis courts on the west side of 15th Avenue South will be replaced with a four-story building sitting on top of a 1,020-space underground parking garage. This building will include a 1,200-square-foot cafeteria and 40,000 square feet of classrooms and faculty offices for current academic programs. Blasting for the underground parking garage took place from April to October 2013, and the center will open in summer 2015. Read more.