Apply for Admission
Admissions Information and Deadlines
|Fall: August 1
|Spring: December 1|
|Summer: May 1
|Internship Only : March 1
|Special Ed: May 1|
Prior to admission, you should request a preliminary transcript evaluation here.
- Application Form: Complete the Graduate Application and return it to Belmont
University's Office of Admissions by the deadlines listed above or apply online.
- Application Fee: You must submit a $50 non-refundable application fee with your application materials. If you are applying online, you will pay this fee online via credit/debit card or e-check prior to submitting your application; if you are filling out the paper application please attach a $50 check, made payable to Belmont University, with your application form.
- Official Transcripts: To be admitted to a graduate education program, you must
have an undergraduate degree with a GPA of 2.75, or 3.0 in the last 60 hours. Request official transcripts from all previous colleges that you have attended by calling your school or ordering them online. You must submit these in the original sealed envelope sent from the colleges. Please allow 4-6 weeks for all official transcripts to be received.
- Test Scores: All Education tracks accept the following test scores: GRE (Graduate
Record Examination) or MAT (Miller Analogies Test). Applicants scores must be in at least the 50th percentile.
GRE and MAT Information: Have scores for the GRE or MAT submitted to Belmont: GRE: www.takethegre.com or 1-866-473-4373 or MAT: 1-800-622-3231. If you have taken either test within the last 5 years, call the appropriate phone number above and have them mail your results to the Office of Admissions address below. If you have not yet taken either test, you may call to schedule a GRE on-line test by calling the number above. The MAT can be taken regionally by arranging a time at one of the following locations. Please allow 4-6 weeks for official test scores to be received.
Lipscomb University: - 966-6303
Trevecca University - 248-1346
TN State University (TSU) - 963-7114
Middle TN State (MTSU) - 896-2863
Bethel University - 329-9391
The M.Ed. Program only accepts the following test scores: GRE, MAT, GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test). For information on taking these tests or retrieving scores, call: GMAT:1-800-717-GMAT (4628).
- Recommendation form: Have two people (non-relatives) complete a Recommendation Form and send it directly to the Office of Admissions. On the form, clearly indicate which Graduate Education track you are applying for (as listed above on your application).
- Resume: Submit a current resume to the address below.
- Letter of Intent: Please see details below:
MASE, MAT or M.Ed.: Submit a 1-page letter of intent on why you want to pursue the program. Please send to the address below
Send all application materials to:
- Application Status: To check on the status of your graduate education application or to ask a question about the graduate education admissions process, contact Andrea McClain at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuition Information: Click here to determine your total estimated costs per semester for courses in the Graduate Education program.