2012 Staff Satisfaction Survey Executive Summary
The Staff Survey is administered annually to all staff. The 2012 survey was administered electronically using Surveymonkey, an online survey service. The same survey was sent in hard copy to each staff member whose work does not include use of a computer, along with a return envelope addressed to the director of organizational development. Upon receipt of the hard copies, the responses were data entered into the Surveymonkey program. The surveys were shredded after data entry. Confidentiality was a key ingredient in the administration of the survey. The director of organizational development performs analyses and reports the results on the Belmont University website and reports electronically to senior leaders, the office of human resources, and at formal presentations to senior leadership and to staff at a campus-wide staff meeting.
Survey Construction: This survey addresses six sections:
- Organizational Communication (7 questions)
- Working Together (4 questions)
- Organizational Support (6 questions)
- Job Satisfaction (11 questions)
- Demographic Information (3 optional questions)
- Work Values (13 values are rated on importance and on how well Belmont provides for each)
Respondents are also provided a section to write in comments and suggestions.
How long have you worked at Belmont?
- 242 total respondents of 521 total full time staff (46% response rate)
- 21 - at Belmont less than one year
- 51 - at Belmont 1-3 years
- 36 - at Belmont 3-5 years
- 58 - at Belmont 5-10 years
- 54 - at Belmont more than 10 years
(22 respondents omitted this demographic response)
- 67 male
- 142 female
(33 respondents omitted this demographic response)
Prepared by Dr. Deborah Baruzzini 11/27/12