Belmont University’s Mass Communication program is designed to explore the “how” and “why” questions about the impact of media on society. A major in Mass Communication offers a broad range of coursework in various aspects of media theory and practice, preparing students for careers in media or graduate school.
Students who choose the Mass Communication major may seek either a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree and a minor that will fulfill their academic interests.
So what can you DO with a Major in Mass Communication? Here are some ideas:
- Manage a radio or television station! (Minor in Business.)
- Own an Internet Radio Station! (Minor in Entrepreneurship.)
- Be an Advertising Account Executive! (Minor in Business.)
- Be a reporter…news or sports! (Minor in Journalism or Political Science.)
- Work in radio or television production!
- Be involved in Media Ministry!
- Be a university professor!
Other things you might want to know about—
- Belmont’s terrific internship opportunities
- Belmont’s excellent and affordable Study Abroad opportunities
- Opportunities with Belmont campus media
For additional information, contact Dr. Rich Tiner, director of the Mass Communication program.
Click here to view our brochure.