How to Apply:
Step 1 - Apply to the University
Complete and submit the University application for undergraduate admission by following the instructions here.
Step 2 - Audition for the School of Music
Applicants request an audition by submitting an application to Belmont University (the audition request is actually part of the application’s Academic Program Supplement). A confirmation email for all auditions from SOMauditions@belmont.edu will be sent to the applicant’s email address (as provided on the application) within 2-4 business days after the application is submitted. Your application (and Academic Program Supplement) must be submitted at least 3 weeks before your selected audition day.
- Live Auditions: Refer to the dates below for our live audition opportunities. Live auditions are only available on the dates listed below and are held on Belmont’s campus. The live audition includes the audition for your performing area and major as well as the Basic Musicianship Test.
- Recorded Auditions: Applicants are strongly encouraged to audition in person so they may visit campus. Under special circumstances, a recorded audition submitted online may be allowed for students who apply by February 28. Students who apply after February 28 must submit a recorded audition. Recorded auditions must include audio and video. Specific instructions for the recorded audition and Basic Musicianship Test will be sent to the applicant’s email address (as provided on the application) within 2-4 business days after the application is submitted. Do not record any audition materials until the email is received.
Please Note: The instructions provided for recorded auditions are designed so the recorded audition mirrors a live audition as much as possible. Microphones and any production effects may not be used for recorded auditions.
If you need to reschedule your audition, send an email to SOMauditions@belmont.edu or call the School of Music at (615) 460-8307.
Auditions for Entrance to Spring and Fall 2015
For Admission and Music Scholarship Consideration*
- Saturday, November 8, 2014 (Spring 2015 applicants must audition on this date)
- Saturday, January 10. 2015
- Saturday, January 24, 2015
- Saturday, February 7, 2015
*Only applicants who audition for a major in the School of Music are considered for music scholarships. School of Music scholarships are awarded in early March each year.
For Admission Only for Fall 2015
- Saturday, March 21, 2015 (Musical Theatre auditions are NOT held on this date. Students must audition in November, January, or February for the Musical Theatre program.)
Step 3 - Receive the Admissions Decision
- A University admissions decision will be made when your application is complete with the Office of Admissions.
- The School of Music admissions decision will be made after the University admissions decision has been made and after your audition and Basic Musicianship Test have been completed in the School of Music. (Musical Theatre admission decisions will not be made until March 1.)
Step 4 - Accept the Offer of Admission
- When you have made the decision to attend Belmont, complete and return the Enrollment Confirmation Form which is included with your University Admission Letter and send it with your Enrollment Deposit by the May 1 National Reply Date (December 1 for Spring applicants).
- Create your MyBelmont account and register to attend Towering Traditions Summer Orientation.
- Review important information for new music majors.
Step 5 - Attend Foundations (Summer Orientation)
- Come to campus for the orientation session for which you registered.
- Be prepared to take the piano placement and theory placement tests.
- Meet with School of Music faculty and learn how to register for classes