The School of Music community reaches the world through a variety of avenues, including teaching, performing and serving the community.
Belmont School of Music students contribute to the arts community in a wide range of ways:
- providing instruction for pre-college and post-college students,
- serving under-privileged children,
- participating in active roles in churches, schools and performance venues in Nashville and area.
With excellent music instruction for young children (Belmont Academy), the School of Music provides musical experiences for all ages. In turn, community members are involved with the School of Music through the Friends of the School of Music.
Community arts organizations have developed partnerships with the School of Music. Our current partnerships include:
- Nashville Ballet
- Nashville Chamber Orchestra
- Nashville Opera
- TN Arts Academy
- W. O. Smith Community Music School
Students are given the opportunity to explore culture and music by way of exchange study. Schools in partnership with the School of Music include:
- Russian Academy of Music (Gnesins School) in Moscow, Russia
- Hochschule fur Musik in Dresden, Germany
- Istituto Italiano, Florence, Italy
- Arcadia University IES
- Edinburgh Napier University
- University of Manchester in England
- Maymester travel opportunities to Central and Eastern Europe, Russia, Italy, and France
Other culture opportunities include periodic Belmont Chorale tours to Europe (England, Summer 2004 and Italy, Summer 2011) and China (Summer 2007).