Leave of Absence Policy
Criteria for Student Eligibility of a Leave of Absence Status:
- An involuntary need to be absent from the university for a semester (fall or spring term)
- Completed at least one semester at Belmont University
- Enrolled and attended the previous semester
- Seeking to earn a degree from the university
- Good academic standing (see definition in the academic catalog)
- Anticipates returning to complete degree requirements
Requirements to Apply for a Leave of Absence Status: The student is the only legal authority that may apply for a leave of absence status with the university. For consideration of a leave of absence, the student is required to provide the following documentation prior to the start of the term.
- Leave of Absence Request Form
- Official supporting documentation
- Letter of explanation with student’s signature
Submission of all documentation is required to the Office of the Registrar by the deadline published on the academic calendar. A final decision is sent to the student upon review of the Leave of Absence request form and supplemental documentation.