Prospective Graduate Checklist
- Meet degree requirements as listed in the university bulletin - either year of entry or year of exit. Undergraduates must also meet all Convocation requirements.
- Complete Graduation Application (see Graduation Application Deadlines ).
- Complete Convocation requirements. Submit appropriate paperwork - community service materials, convocation appeals, etc. - to the Dean of Students Office. (615.460.6407)
- Order graduation announcements/invitations from the Belmont Bookstore (615.460.6418) or online from Jostens .
- Order Belmont class ring (optional) from Jostens . (800.854.7464)
- Pay the required, non-refundable, graduation fee .
- If a transfer student, make sure official transcripts from all institutions attended are on file with the Office of the Registrar.
- If taking courses at another institution, confirm that final grades will be submitted to the Belmont University Registrar prior to or on the day that senior grades are due. (See Academic Calendar )
- Pick up cap and gown from Foutch Alumni House (see Commencement Activities for schedule). Masters and doctoral candidates also need to secure appropriate hood.
- Pay student account, including any parking fines.
- Return all library materials.
- Reserve any special services needed for graduates or guests with disabilities by completing the Request for Special Services form.
- Complete the Commencement Absence Request Form if you do not plan to attend the graduation ceremony.
- Complete exit interview with the Office of Student Financial Services if you receive any type of federal funding (grants and loans) - 615.460.6403
- Contact the Office of Career Services for placement assistance and to update information - 615.460.6490