List of Resources
Faculty Service-Learning Checklist
Forms for Service-Learning Classes
Service-Learning Memoranda of Understanding (M.O.U.)
Belmont already has M.O.U.s on file with a number of agencies. Please consult the Get Connected Agency List and "SEARCH BY" by "Partner". If the agency you are working with is already a "Partner" agency, please contact the Office of Service-Learning for a copy of the M.O.U. You only need to complete a Course Agreement Form with the agency.
If you are working with an agency other than one for which a M.O.U. is already on file, you will need to use one of the following M.O.U.s depending on how your service sites are selected.
- Photo Release Form
- Sample Service-Learning Release Form - Contact Tim Stewart at 615-460-5431 for information on customizing this form for your class
- Service-Learning Code of Conduct
- Volunteer Code of Conduct - for those working with children
- Commnunity Partner Survey (PDF format) An online version is available here.
- Student Survey (PDF format) An online version is available here.
General Service-Learning Resources
- AAHE's Service-Learning in the Disciplines series
- Where's the Learning in Service-Learning by Dwight Giles and Janet Eyler
- A Practitioner's Guide to Reflection in Service-Learning by Janet Eyler, Dwight Giles and Angela Schmiede
Other helpful links:
- Faculty Toolkit for Service-Learning in Higher Education, edited by Sarena Seifer and Kara Connors
- K-12 Service-Learning Project Planning Toolkit, created by RMC Research Corporation
- K-12 Teacher Toolkit Massachusetts Campus Compact
- National Service-Learning Clearinghouse
- Campus Compact
- Community Works Institute
(Supports educators in creating curriculum with place as the context, service-learning as the strategy, and sustainability as the goal)
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Community - Campus Partnerships for Health
For additional ideas and information, contact Tim Stewart, Director of Service-Learning at 615-460-5431.