BFA Audition Information
An Audition/Portfolio Review is required for entrance into the BFA program in Theatre and Dance.
- The Application to the University must be completed and submitted to Admissions before you can schedule an audition.
- Performance Auditions are required for candidates for admission to the BFA in Theatre with an emphasis in Acting, Directing, and Theatre Education.
- Performance Auditions consist of the presentation of two contrasting monologues, not to exceed 3 minutes in total time of presentation, prepared in advance by the candidate.
- Portfolio Reviews are required for candidates for admission to the BFA in Theatre with an emphasis in Production Design.
- Portfolio Reviews include representative work of design, and/or technical experience. Your portfolio should contain any combination of drawings, renderings, drafting examples, CAD drawings, light plots, and/or photographs.
- All BFA candidates will have an Entrance Interview conducted by Theatre and Dance faculty. This will probe the candidate’s experiences, expectations, goals, and commitment to a career in the entertainment industry.
- All BFA candidates will have a resume of previous entertainment experience. This resume should include any pertinent theatrical experience from high school, community theatre, and/or professional theatre. Please include any non-theatrical entertainment experience as well.
- You are strongly encouraged to audition in-person; however an audition can be submitted via DVD or Videotape as a last resort.
- Auditions are scheduled throughout the year by appointment through The Department of Theatre and Dance. Please contact Joann Rosenbaum to fill out an audition form and schedule an audition or portfolio presentation.
Applicants will be notified of an admissions decision within 1-2 weeks of completing the application and the audition/portfolio. For further information, please take a look at the Audition FAQ, the Audition and Interview Details, and the Audition Day link that best fits your schedule
- Audition and Interview Details
- Saturday, November 21, 2015 - Schedule
- Saturday, January 23, 2016 - Scheudle
- Saturday, February 27, 2016 - Schedule
- Saturday, March 19, 2016 - Schedule
Outside Paradise- Fall 2012 (Photos by Rick Malkin)