Aesop’s Fables – Spring, 2013
The Belmont Repertory Theatre Company “Repco”
- Appreciate theatre-making as a cultural event which is ultimately poetic, operating metaphorically by offering layers of meaning in order to represent, question, and impact an infinitely complex world.
- Demonstrate knowledge of theatre history, literature, theory, and the various collaborative artists that contribute to the design and production process.
- Engage in the theatrical rehearsal and performance process both as an exploration of human life and as a deeply meaningful act of human communication.
- Analyze text, personalize a role with imagination, and be able to perform creatively, in a variety of theatrical styles individually or as an ensemble in a practical professional setting.
- Embrace the process of storytelling inherent in the creation of theatre through the synthesis of the analytical, performance, and production process.
- Integrate and apply extensive general theatre knowledge with elementary and secondary education licensure.
The Theatre Education Emphasis is designed for students who are interested in a career as an elementary or secondary teacher in theater. The Theatre Education emphasis will prepare students to compete and succeed in the continually evolving world of theatre education, giving students the flexibility and skill sets needed to survive and work theatre education and culminates in state licensure to teach theatre. The Theatre Education emphasis will prepare students for the diverse challenges of graduate studies and professional employment as a theatre teacher in elementary and secondary education.
See Degree Requirements