2016-2017 Orientation Council
Belmont University Towering Traditions New Student Orientation Programs are planned and facilitated by a dedicated group of students called the Orientation Council. This group of ten students shares a desire to serve you during your transition to the Belmont community. The Orientation Council serves one full year and plans all the programs you will experience as a new student at Belmont.
2016-2017 Orientation Council Applications
The Orientation Council is comprised of two student directors and eight orientation assistants. These executive level positions serve one full year starting in October and ending the following September. Throughout the year, the Orientation Council:
- Implements, plans, and executes orientation for over 2,000 new students
- Recruits, selects, hires and trains approximately 175 Tower Team leaders
- Serves as the face of Belmont to countless parents and family members
If you are interested in applying for this transformational student leadership experience, please review all of the information below.
Multiple Student Leadership Policy
As we aspire to be exceptional at engaging and educating students, the Division of Student Affairs believes that in order to maximize the student’s potential and to ensure the success of each organization, a student may hold only one concurrent executive leadership position as defined by the Division of Student Affairs, at a time.
Executive leadership positions as defined by the Division of Student Affairs include the following positions within the following organizations:
- Student Government Association (SGA) President and Vice President
- Student Activities Programming Board (SAPB) Executive Board
- Orientation Council
- Towering Tradition Leaders
- Greek Council Officers - IFC, NPC, NPHC Officers (President, VP Recruitment)
- Fitness and Recreation Student Coordinators
- Bruin Recruiter President
- Note: Resident Assistants who wish to participate in an executive leadership position listed above must first receive approval from upper administration in Residence Life.
Application Process & Timeline
Phase 1: Online Application:
The online application opens on Monday, September 26 and closes at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 11.
Click here for the online Orientation Council application: https://goo.gl/forms/zhhJmxuLYJglq9UK2
Phase 2: First Impressions/Customer Service:
Candidates will select 1 of 2 times to attend a live registration simulation. For this portion of the interview, candidates will need to register a “new student and their family” for Welcome Week. More instructions will be given once candidates arrive at the session. Feel free to wear casual clothes. Here are the times:
- Friday, October 14 | 3-5 p.m. | Beaman A&B
- Monday, October 17 | 3-5 p.m. | Vince Gill Room
Phase 3: Formal Interview. October 17-24:
Candidates will need to sign up for a 30 minute 1 on 1 interview with the director. Time slots are available on the window outside of the New Student Orientation Programs Office. Time slots are available on a first come first serve basis. Casual attire is appropriate.