Belmont's Public Relations Management (PRM) Degree provides opportunities for you to work on real-world projects and acquire skills in writing, business, research, client relationships and communication strategies necessary for effective communication.
Whether you are interested in managing communications for a large company or working in a prestigious public relations firm, international PR, healthcare PR, or PR for nonprofits, the B.S. in PR Management gives you the critical advantage of learning that is relevant and immediately applicable.
In addition to the 30 hours required in the PRM major, you can self-design more than 34 hours of elective study around an area that is most relevant to you and your career.
With Belmont's PR Program, you will:
- Write and produce public relations materials, including: news releases, backgrounders and talking points, media kits, advertising copy, fund-raising letters, grant proposals, speeches.
- Explore social media techniques and their application in public relations practices.
- Design, produce and manage various print and digital media in public relations campaigns.
- Utilize informal and formal research skills such as surveys, focus groups, content analysis, sampling methods and measuring public opinion.
- Research, plan, implement and evaluate a public relations campaign on behalf of a real-world client.
- Through a specialization in event-planning, plan and promote events, including: news conferences, fund-raising, concerts and community sponsorhips.
Getting Started is Easy
Ask our PRM Advisor A Question
If you are a traditional student looking for the public relations major offered during the daytime, please click here.
Public Relations Mgmt. Degree Overview
Sign Up for an Info Session
Graduate Success Stories