Skip to main content
Belmont University logo
An exterior shot of Patton Hall

Returning to Belmont after suspension

I am suspended, what now?

If you are suspended from Belmont, certain tasks must be completed prior to your departure. You must comply with all components outlined in your outcome letter, including sanctions. Overdue or incomplete sanctions may prevent you from returning to Belmont. While on suspension, you are trespassed from campus unless given permission to be on the property by the Dean of Students or Community Accountability, and you will be required to check-in/out through Campus Security. Should you fail to comply, the University will contact the Metropolitan Police Department.

Suspension is defined as separation from the university for a specific period, which includes loss of tuition, fees, coursework, and other privileges of an enrolled student. Note that when you are eligible to return you must reapply to the university. For more information regarding the reapplication process, contact the Office of Admissions at 615-460-6785.

Your transcript will be available to you for release to other institutions; the transcript will note that there has been an "Administrative Withdrawal." There may be a possible delay on the release of your transcript due to the Suspension hold on your student account, but the transcript should release 24-48 hours after the transcript request.

Suspension is a temporary separation from Belmont. We encourage you to take the time away to engage in continued reflection and self-growth in order to return and be a positive and productive member of the community. Please see our Suspension and Expulsion FAQ for more information.

Re-admission to Belmont

For any question, please refer them to Admissions at 615-460-6785.

  • You can submit a new Belmont application for your desired term via the link below. Be sure to select that you are a “Reenroll” under Student Type. You can use the promo code BR20UI20NS to apply for free! You are only obligated to fill out the required (*) information on your application. In the essay section, you can provide information about why you are returning to Belmont. 

  • Please send Admissions and email about your intent to return.
  • If you attended another undergraduate institution after leaving Belmont, submit transcripts from all universities to us at the following address:

    Belmont University
    Office of Admissions
    1900 Belmont Blvd.
    Nashville, TN 37212

If they are unable to issue an in-progress transcript, their Registrar’s Office should send a “letter of good standing” that informs us that you have not had any disciplinary, financial, or academic holds that would prevent you from leaving the university in good standing.

  • Once we receive these materials, I will review your account for holds and determine if you are eligible to return to Belmont.
  • If re-admitted, you will submit a non-refundable $250 enrollment deposit to in order to register for your courses. This deposit is credited towards your tuition for your first semester. You will use the following credentials to submit a deposit:

    University ID: BUID
    PIN: Last 6 digits of BUID
    Click on the DEPOSIT tab
    Then choose “Freshman/Transfer” deposit 

When the time comes, I suggest making an appointment with our Growth & Purpose for Students Office (GPS) at if you would like some advising to learn where you will be picking back up in your program.