Skip to main content
Belmont University | Belief in Something Greater

Aid for Graduate Students

Graduate students are eligible to apply for the Stafford Federal Subsidized Loan and the Unsubsidized Stafford Loan. The Subsidized Stafford Loan is a long-term, deferred loan based on financial need. No interest will accrue on this loan while the student is enrolled in at least three graduate hours each semester. The Unsubsidized Stafford Loan carries the same terms and conditions as the Subsidized Stafford Loan except the borrower is responsible for interest that accrues during deferment periods. This program is available for those who do not qualify for all or part of the Subsidized Stafford Program.

To determine your eligibility for either of these loans, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is available online, or you may obtain a paper copy from Belmont's Office of Student Financial Services. Complete and return the FAFSA by the March 1 priority date, and allow approximately four weeks to receive a response after submission of the form. Once all the forms are received, your file will be reviewed.

Other financial aid, such as graduate assistantships, grants, and scholarships, vary from program to program. Information about these awards can be found online under your program of interest. You may also call your department of interest directly to find out more.