Skip to main content
Belmont University | Belief in Something Greater
Main Image

Getting Started

Where to Begin the Application Process:

Being admitted to an undergraduate or graduate degree program at Belmont and accessing your veteran education benefit involves two separate application processes: 

  1. Explore your program of interest and apply for admission to Belmont. Please visit the University Admissions page for specific application instructions and contacts:
  2. Apply for your VA Benefit online:
Once you have been accepted to Belmont, and have applied for your VA benefits, please submit the following documents (as applicable to your chapter of elibility noted in the table below):
  • Certificate of Eligibility:  A COE is generally received from the VA within 3-6 weeks of applying for benefits. A copy of this document is REQUIRED for the student file and is necessary for VA certification. Upon approval and receipt of your COE or your VA Award Letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, submit a copy to the Belmont University School Certifying Official in the Registrar's Office prior to your first semester of enrollment.
  • DD214:  Please submit a photocopy of your DD214 (member-4 copy) for all service periods if you are the service member.
  • NOBE:  A Notice of Basic Eligibility is required of those students utilizing chapter 1606 benefits.
  • Joint Service Transcript: Please submit an official JST if applicable.
  • External College Transcripts: Please submit official transcripts for any other college coursework earned.
  • Yellow Ribbon Agreement: If applicable, please sign and submit the YR agreement as found in the "Forms" section of this webpage.
  • Student Responsibility Agreement: Please sign and submit the SR agreement as found in the "Forms" section of this webpage.
  • Veteran Student Checklist: Please sign and submit the Veteran Student Checklist as found in the "Forms" section of this webpage.
Please Note*
  • Second Degree and Graduate students must submit their Program of Study prior to their first semester of enrollment.
Please submit all documentation by any of the following means: 


Fax: 615-460-5415    

Mail: Belmont University-Office of the Registrar- Gabhart Student Center- 1900 Belmont Blvd. Nashville, TN 37212.


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at