The Protecting Minors on Campus Policy is intended to prevent the abuse and exploitation of Minors on Belmont’s campus. The policy applies to activities and programs operated by Belmont University where Minors are present on Belmont’s campus, at Rose Park, and at other Belmont locations. The policy includes the implementation (required program registration, background checks, training, practices, conduct) and reporting of allegations of inappropriate conduct.
Click on the links below to access more information about the policy and training.
- Protecting Minors on Campus Policy
- Background Check Process
- Protecting Minors on Campus Checklist
- Training Tutorial for Program Participants (required training for becoming an Authorized Adult, in addition to passing a background check)
- Registration Form for Programs with Minors
Background Check Information
A background check is required of all adults/volunteers participating in programs that include minors. Program directors should send the list of all their adult participants to: email@example.com.
The following information is required in an excel spreadsheet:
- Program/Camp Name
- Last name, First name including nicknames and/or maiden name
- Email address
- BUID (if known)
- Last 4 digits of social security number