School of Music Goals
- To offer a comprehensive set of diverse undergraduate and graduate curricula for students desiring to pursue music as a profession
- To provide classes, ensembles and private music instruction for students majoring in an area other than music
- To enrich the cultural environment locally, regionally and nationally.
Values, Vision, and Mission Statement
We believe in a music education that…
- Challenges and nurtures students
- Promotes excellence in scholarship, performance, and practice
- Encourages creativity, innovation, and stylistic diversity
- Collaborates with collegiality, respect, and professionalism
- Cultivates a Christian community which serves and inspires through music
- Advocates for the value of music in society
Our vision is to be a premier comprehensive school of music, nationally recognized for distinctive programs that are committed to high standards of artistic scholarship and performance while championing innovation and stylistic diversity.
Our mission is to study, perform and create music in a stimulating student-centered environment that…
- Fosters excellence, discipline and technical mastery
- Supports innovation and stylistic diversity
- Engages students through effective and current teaching pedagogies
- Enlivens students in real world experiences as musicians and entrepreneurs
- Offers a distinctive national model…preparing students to become successful 21st century musicians
Please visit the CMPA about page for information about program accreditation.
Health and Safety
The School of Music is committed to the health and safety of the students, faculty and staff. Please refer to the NASM Student Guide.
All Steinway School
The School of Music is officially an All-Steinway School.